With all the stress of the world and the holiday season, here are a few things I appreciate about this time of year:
1. Velvet, everything...obviously
2. Watching The Muppet's Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve
3. Remembering Chanukah memories of my Grandma when I was a child. She always had these amazing ombré candles for the menorah that mesmerized me as a child.
4. The idea of mistletoe
5. Old School Carols (no pop singers need apply)
6. Alternatively, Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas
7. The warmth of a fireplace
8. The lights (this has nothing to do with Elie Gouldling, who I actually met recently)
9. My sisters' pajamas on Christmas morning (even if I have to Skype them to see it)
10. The hope that not the story of Jesus or presents but love can bring us all together. I could probably thank Love Actually for that one.
If you're having a rough go this holiday season, take a breath, and just think of one thing...you only need that one thing to make you smile a bit.
P.S - I have strep right now. If I can get through it, so can you!